Use segments to filter and analyze survey results
Segments are subsets of your overall data. You can create groups of data based on one or more filters in order to compare data sets and analyze how they interact with one another.
Segments can be filtered based on a variety of parameters that have populated inside of your survey, such as:
- Custom params
- Time ranges
You can add up to 13 segments with unlimited filters. While you navigate through the rest of the survey questions, the segments will remain in place so you can continue analyzing the survey based on the breakdown you created.
Expert Tip! After creating segments, save your view for easy future access by adding the page with the segments to the saved reports tab.
To create segments, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate from the Results Overview to the Question View.
2. Click + Add Segment.
3. The Segment Editor will open on the right side of the screen. Here, you will be able to add filters and applying settings to the segments.
- Name. Your segment will automatically name according to the first filters you add. There is a character limit so the name will only include the first few segments. You can customize your segment name by clicking into the text field at the top of the segment editor and typing a custom name. This name will help you to easily identify your segment while analyzing your survey and sharing the report with your colleagues.
- Click on a Filter category (e.g. demographics, questions, endings, etc.) and then select the filters to be included in the segment. You can select a combination of any of the data that you see inside of the segment editor.
4. When adding filters, you can select one or more attributes/answer to create a grouped filter. The relationship between these items will be "Or".
5. You can add additional filters by selecting another Filter category and selecting attributes or answer choices for that filter. The default relationship across filters will be "And".
6. Use Segments to analyze the way respondents answered each question compared to the average or additional segments. You can do so by clicking the segment button representing each segment to view responses for the segment independently, or select All Respondents to view unfiltered question results.
Learn how to customize your segment settings .