The Base Language allows you to build your survey in a language other than English. You can choose to switch the base language to your native language or any other language you choose.
Updating the base language will change the survey’s messaging (buttons and instructional text seen by the respondent) to the language that you select, and in the case of right-to-left languages it will switch the Survey Editor (and survey appearance) to right to left.
What is translated?
- Submit & continue buttons
- Open-ended question placeholders
- Invalid contact form field error messages
- Continue survey dialog
- Incomplete answer message
- Add comment buttons
- Inactive survey message
Please note: Segmanta’s default language is English. Therefore, all surveys created from scratch start with their base language in English.
To change your survey's base language, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Survey Editor and click on Configure.
2. Navigate to the Languages tab on the top toolbar.
3. Click on the Base Language drop-down menu to view the list of languages and select your desired language choice.
4. Select Edit Messaging to view or edit the messaging in the local language.
5. You can now build your survey in the base language you have selected. If you do not see the language you are looking for, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how to add additional languages to a survey.