What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation is a European Union law that was devised to refine data protection and privacy for all EU citizens, regardless of their location.
What is the purpose of GDPR?
GDPR gives access and control to individuals over their personal data, addresses requirements for anyone processing an individual's personal data and ensures their data is safe. It also discusses the process of exporting personal data outside of the EU and EAA.
Essentially, the regulation is supposed to increase transparency and security over your data.
How does Segmanta comply with GDPR?
We recognize the importance of your privacy concerns, specifically the importance of protecting your personally identifiable information in regards to our website, applications, or services under the Segmanta brand.
We will not sell your survey responses, survey content or personal information with third party advertisers or marketers nor will we share this information unless you give us expressed consent.
When Segmanta performs analysis of response data, we only do so once we have ensured the anonymity of individual respondents (by aggregating and anonymizing the data), using automated processes and machine learning.
Why does Segmanta process my personal information?
Generally, Segmanta processes your personal information for two main purposes:
- To carry out our obligations in which you have consented in giving us your personal information such as providing you with the information, support, products, and services that you request from us.
- To manage and improve our services such your website experience, marketing and developing new products and features that would be of interest to you. We place clear limitations on each of these uses so that your privacy is respected and only the information necessary to achieve these legitimate aims is used.
Our primary goal is to improve upon and make sure our services and messaging are relevant for all our users, while also ensuring that personal information of all users is respected and protected. We respect and protect your privacy and have taken measures to ensure that only necessary information is collected from survey creators.
How does this affect me?
All of your survey content and response data is owned and controlled by you. You are responsible for how surveys are sent out and all of the response data, including determining how their survey questions and responses are used and disclosed. As the survey creator, you can do the following:
- Choose with whom to share your surveys. We provide you a link to your survey; how you share this link is up to you. Anyone with access to the link will have access to your survey content until you delete the survey.
- Request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you.
- Request that we restrict how we use your data and you may object to some aspect of our treatment of your data.
- Access and correct the personal information that Segmanta holds about you. This right may be exercised by visiting your account’s Account Settings page or by contacting customer support.
By using our services, you agree to:
- Comply with applicable data protection requirements when collecting and using your survey data, such as requirements to inform respondents about the specific uses and disclosures of their data.
- Your personal data will be primarily transferred and processed by us in the United States as our servers are based there.
- Segmanta is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield. The EU–US Privacy Shield is a framework for regulating transatlantic exchanges of personal data for commercial purposes between the European Union and the United States.
- Sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.
Most of your personal data is accessible in your account settings when you log in. However, if you want to obtain a full copy of all your data or to request a restriction/limitation in how we use your data, please contact our customer support. As a reminder, you may access your surveys’ response data by exporting the response data from our platform as a backup.
When you respond to surveys created by a survey creator, Segmanta collects and stores the responses that you submit to the survey creator and information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. The survey creator is responsible for, owns, and manages this data. We treat that information as private to the survey creator, except if the survey creator has made the questions and responses publicly available.
Additionally, Segmanta doesn’t sell or share your survey responses with third party advertisers or marketers (although the survey creator might, so check with them).
Remember, you can always choose not to provide an answer to any given survey question (especially those requesting your personal information).
If you have any questions about a survey you are taking, please contact the survey creator directly as he/she is the data controller of response data. We can’t directly handle these requests nor are we responsible for the content of that survey, but we’ll do our best to identify and put you in contact with the Survey Creator.