Track how respondents interact with your survey, measure and optimize survey campaigns by sending custom events to Facebook
The Facebook Custom Event Integration allows you to track how respondents interact with your survey, measure and optimize survey campaigns by sending custom events to Facebook.
With this integration, you can send events to your Facebook Business Manager when a user takes an action on your survey.
To set up the Facebook Custom Event Integration, follow the steps below:
- Go to Configure and navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click + Add on the Facebook Custom Event integration.
3. Name your event.
- This is the first step in allowing you to locate this data on your Facebook Business Manager. Make sure to use a name that will help you to easily identify the action on Facebook.
Example event names might include:
- Contact_Form_Submitted might be the name of the event that sends when a respondent leaves their contact form details.
- Survey_Conversion might be the name of the event that sends when a respondent clicks the Ending Page Button Link to shop on your website.
4. Add your Facebook Pixel ID to the integration.
- If you have an account level Facebook pixel it will automatically be added to your integration.
- By default, your account Facebook pixel will be applied to your integration. If you have not defined an account level Facebook pixel or need to use a different pixel, locate your Facebook pixel on your Facebook Business Manager and paste it in the pixel field.
5. Toggle on the Action that you would like to trigger Segmanta to send the event to your Facebook Business Manager.
- Add multiple events as separate Facebook Custom Event integrations in Segmanta, each with a unique event name so that you can track and segment different actions
- In most cases you will only want to toggle on one action for each event to avoid confusion in the data you see appearing in Facebook.
- After you have completed the steps above, test your survey using the Facebook Pixel Helper available on Google Chrome to ensure that the data you need is sending as you expect it to.
- Warning! If you add your Facebook Pixel ID to a Survey, you are responsible for the data collected by Facebook. Passing PII data such as name or email address breaches Facebook's Terms of Service.
Learn how to set up custom events on Google Analytics.