Avoid sample bias by applying quotas to your survey
When running a market research study, you will likely want to balance your respondent sample without needing to manually manage your incoming respondents. Segmanta's Quotas feature can be used to automatically limit and therefore balance your respondents based on demographics, survey responses or URL parameters.
To set up survey quota/s, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Survey Editor and click on Distribute.
2. Click on the Quotas tab to add a new quota.
3. Fill out the Quota Criteria.
- Quota Name. Create a name that will clearly inform you which quota group this correlates to.
- Conditions. This is where you will define what survey responses or URL parameters must be entered in order to qualify for this quota.
- Cap. The number of respondents you want to qualify based on the conditions you set.
- When the quota is met send email. Automatically receive an email when this quota is reached.
Expert Tip! Use this to remain aware of your distribution status and to know when to adjust your fielding strategy or stop survey distribution.
- Over quota destination. Set up an over quota destination, if you do not want more respondents to qualify for the survey after the quota is reached. This feature allows you to send your disqualified respondents to a certain page on the survey.
Expert Tip! Leave this blank if you would like nothing to change once the quota is reached. To disqualify anyone who comes into your survey after the quota is reached, send the respondents to either a prize question at the end of the survey, or an ending page.
If you have quotas that follow a similar rule set, you can simply duplicate the quota by clicking the duplicate icon at the top right of the relevant quota.
Learn how to reach respondents.