Email Embed Settings
Follow the steps below to set up survey Email Embed:
- Navigate to the Distribute tab of your survey.
- Click on the Email Embed tab.
- You will see the first question of your survey display on the left side of the screen and settings on the right side of the screen.
Email Embed Settings
- Code Snippet: Embed the survey question in a longer email that contains content in addition to the Segmanta survey question.
- Full Email: Embed the survey question in an email with no additional content.
Respondent Starts From:
- Next Question: After clicking a response inside of the email, the user will be taken to the next question of the survey.
- Question (Edit): After clicking a response inside of the email, the user will be taken to the same question of the survey and will be able to change or submit their response.
By default, the texts will be copied from your survey editor. However, you can change the content of your survey question or subtitle in the question field.
Please note: Any changes made here will not be reflected in your survey editor or on the survey when it is not embedded through the email embed code.
Select the question text, answer choice background and answer choice text colors.
Embedding your survey question
After you have finished defining the email embed settings, click on the Get Code button. The code will be copied to your clipboard.
To embed your survey question into an email, you will need to use an email distribution application (such as MailChimp, SendGrid, etc.) to send out your survey emails.
Standard email clients such as Gmail or Outlook do not support this kind of code.
You must re-generate the Email Embed code after making any changes to your survey, as the email embed code is static as emails cannot be dynamic, and options and values may have changed.
- If you make any changes to the content of the first question of your survey, you must re-copy the embed code in order for the changes to be reflected.
- If you rearrange the first question of your survey to another place inside of your survey after you have embedded the email embed code in an email, the respondents will skip to the middle of your survey and not be directed to any earlier questions.
- If you delete the first question of your survey to another question type, you must re-copy the embed code or your previously embedded code will be broken.
Learn how to embed your survey into a MailChimp email.